Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Good bye, Guy!


This is guy!
We have had this stuffed animal since Sara was a baby. I got it from a baby shower, I don't even remember who gave it to me. For two years it just hung on the crib, until we had Joe. One day I heard a funny cry coming from Joe, I went in the check on him and he had the tie from the bumper(that I made) wrapped around his neck! YIKES! He liked to chew on the ties. His face was very red. From that point on I ripped the bumper out of the crib and I gave him Guy! When he was a baby he enjoyed chewing on the tie on the top of Guy's head. I have no idea how this satisfied him but he loved it? So, there began the love affair with Guy. We carried Guy everywhere for FIVE years. He could not sleep with out him.
Well, last night I was putting Joe to bed like every other night...I said prayers...kissed him good night and found Guy and gave him to Joe...I walked out of the room and turned the light off...then Joe calls out to me, "mom, can you put Guy in the attic?" (Joe knows that's where we keep our family memories) I said, "are you sure????" He said, "yes!"
I almost cried! Now that I am writing this I am crying! I have always said, this is all going way to fast for me. Joe will be 6 in a about six weeks. How can this be!!!!

Hug your babies!!!

1 comment:

Lisa Lew said...

I'm crying now too!!! Oh!!!