Friday, February 13, 2009

Alright...I have caught up on my sleep!

Here are the kids and their picnic. Chips and sunflower seed. Does a body good!
This was at mile 60!


The finish line! Here we are at 4:00A.M. Nathan and I had been up all night and we had seen Mike 3 miles back and were able to time the finish line just right. Nate and I woke everyone up at 4:00, we expected Mike to finish around 4:30. Fran, mom, Jamie, Hammy, Huy and Nate.


Finally, out of the darkness! Mike and his amazing pacer, Jeff. Jeff timed Mike perfectly and pushed him to run his last loop faster than the previous loop. Jeff is the guy to the right of mike.


Here are the guys after the finish, trying to warm up.




Well, most of you know I love cowboys! ;) Let's just say I have my running cowboy! The prize for finishing the race is a belt buckle! Now all we need is a tight pair of Wranglers. hee hee! I don't know that Mike will ever wear this buckle, but it makes me very proud that he earned one!

I am amazed by my husband. I always say he does not have patience, but he has mastered this running business and staying out there for 22:45 hours takes a ton of patience! I am so very proud of him for achieving his goal. I keep telling people that he could not even finish a 5K only 4 short years ago!

Way to go Honey! I love you! I would be happy to KREWE you any day!
Now let's talk about those Wranglers....

2 comments:

Mike Krejci said...

Thanks, baby! You were amazing out there and I could not have done it without you. You are the best wife a man could ever wish for.

Lisa Lew said...

Nice post. Love the buckle.