Monday, February 9, 2009

From 1 to 100

Rocky Raccoon Race weekend!

We started the weekend off with a kids race. 1 mile.
Sara and Joe did amazing, Sara finished in 9:08 and Joe right behind her 9:53
They loved running in the woods.




The next morning at 6:00a.m., the start of Mike's race. Nathan, Jamie, Hammy, Fran, and Greg....let the wait/race begin!
Mike was very excited to get started. He has been waiting on this chance for two years.





the boys waiting....

playing at the park...waiting...



Yeah! the first time we saw him after 4 hours!
He wanted a cheese burger from Whataburger. Very unusual fro a runner to pound a burger in a race, but that's what he felt like eating. BTW, it didn't taste that good to him.



We sent him back out and went to town!


The kids at the Sam Houston Statue. This statue is on the side of Highway 45.


Back to the race, this is Huy, Mike's pacer for miles 60 -80. Thanks Huy! After 50 miles they allow you to have a "pacer," it helps so much b/c usually you are running in the night and your mind isn't working very well.


more to come...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

gosh...I'm out of breath just reading about it! But tell him Good Job!!!!!! How fun for the kids. Sara's cheeks all red! Got your message today. Let me put my "thinking cap" on and I'll email you some possiblities tonight.

Lisa said...

YEAAAAAAAAAA Mike!!! Gosh I'm so excited for you all...definitely a victory for the entire family! I can't wait to hear more of the details but more than anything I hope you all are enjoying the high of such an incredible feat!!!

Robin said...

Give me more...don't leave me hanging girl.